Monday, November 2, 2009

Thanksgiving Ideas

Lets talk about Thanksgiving, Darlings.  It is 24 days away, which means you have 3 weeks, 3 days to get ready.

This year, Eric and I are frying a turkey with John & Danny and whoever else we can drum(stick) up to join us.  Let me know if you need an invite!

As much as I love Thanksgiving food, I love setting the table even more. This year I'm thinking of sugaring fruits as the centerpiece (I always try to have a centerpiece that is low to the table -since I am short and can't see over anything!) What do you think of these?



Photo by Taste of Home.com

Find the very simple how-to here.

Now that we've figured out the centerpiece, what am I going to use to serve my guests?  I am thinking gold chargers with white plates this year.  Check out this site for crazy cheap serving pieces (24 charges for $48.80!)  I love a deal and restaurant supply sites and stores are the greatest for these types of items.  These come from instawares.com The gold and white will look pretty together.

I've got some beautiful big white platters for the turkey and my French White Corningware with which to serve the side dishes.  I'll use my cut glass dishes for the relish tray (you cannot have Thanksgiving without a relish tray!) and for dessert....hmmm....I don't have that figured out yet. Any ideas?

Sides are the place where you can shake it up a bit each year. Everyone has their favorites (mine is my mother's stuffing with sausage and raisins - I have to have it!),  but usually no one minds if you conjure up a new dish here and there.  Here is a recipe that I am going to try again (for some reason, it just did not turn out the first time I attempted it) - Inside-Out Sweet PotatoesI think they sound divine and I know all my boys will love them, too.

Lets talk more about this during the week.  I will bring you more ideas and hopefully you will share yours with me.

I'm thankful for you all!

xoxo, Patti