Thursday, October 1, 2009

Beef Bourguignon - The Final Product

As promised, here are the photos of the BB I finally finished last night. It took over 3 hours to cook, but it was delicious. It was the perfect dish to celebrate my 1,000 hit. As I said previously, this recipe was from Ina Garten. Hopefully, that link will work. Here are some pics of our dinner.

Here it is, finishing on the stovetop, with the addition of butter and flour to thicken it up:



My mother's old dutch oven was so big I had to take a rack out of the oven to make it fit. I love using my mama's kitchen equipment, it makes everything taste better.

Dinner all plated and ready to eat!



And the celebratory champagne, along with those adorable red flutes I picked up at the mountain flea market.



All in all, if you are considering making this dish, fear not - it is not difficult, but you do need to allot enough time to let it cook. I found that starting it one night and finishing it the next is perfect. It also gives you a ton more time on the second night to fiddle around with sides or just enjoy some wine.

Eric and I both ate plenty, and there was a bundle of leftovers. I just popped it into the freezer for a carefree night of cooking in the future.

Tonight - crab and pea risotto along with Tiger Woods PGA Wii Golf with Miss DeVore. It's de rigueur!